Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to the blog

Welcome!

I am the author of the writings on BIBLETRASH.COM, and the Evolution Education Resource Center.

Check here for new writings, quick thoughts, etc.

With all of the great freethought and atheist content out there, from the mid 1800's onward, I still feel the need to add to it. Some of what's out there is not strong enough, not direct and to the point. Other writings are too philosophical, too ethereal-- inaccessible to the average person. Really, most of what needs to be said was said by Ingersoll and Paine. But nowadays, thoughts need to be presented in bite-sized nuggets, easily digestible in 10 minutes. Hence my website, since about 1998.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to gain benefit and enjoyment from my writings.

4 comments:

  1. Ken you are awesome.Thank you for enlightening the people,you are on the same plane as Howard Zinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I am gratified that my thoughts help others. That's my purpose. I can remember 25 years ago when I could have used these kinds of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken:
    I just joined your blog. I am a retired IT professional who has worked over 45 years in US and overseas and have done Bible research while working in Israel and agree with most of what you say. Just started reading your material. You spent a lot of time building your website. I will be at Rationalist Society meeting on 2/12 for Darwin Day. I attend the Ethical Society of STL Mens Forum where I will give a presentation on the BOOK SPONTANEOUS EVOLUTION whose author Bruce Lipton a cell biologist updates the Theory of Evolution from 'its all in the genes' to 'we change our genes and DNA based on the environment'. Evolution is a lot easier to swallow over the billions of years of changing from single cells to fish to amphibians to monkey to humans. See the writeup on the book in amazon.com. Darwin is obsolete and Larmarck who was first with a theory of evolution based on environment is correct. I am also heavy into Science, History, Economics and World History. Hope to see you at the 2/12 meeting. I hope to present my presentation at a future date. Add the Ethical Society of STL to your suggested sites to join. Egypts Revolution is showing us all that WE the people of the World have the power to organize and CHANGE THE WORLD. AS OBAMA PROVED WITH HIS ORGANIZATION AND WINNING THE PRESIDENCY WE CAN ALL CHANGE THE WORLD TO BE A BETTER PLACE FOR HUMANITY AND ELIMINATE WARS AND POVERTY AND FAMINE AND DISEASE. GIVE HIM TIME IF YOU ARE A SKEPTIC. WE NEED TO FASCILITATE COMMITTEES TO ORGANIZE IN SOME FORM TO ACCOMPLISH THESE THINGS. ARE YOU POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE ON THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD. AS YOU SEE I AM POSITIVE.

    Peace,
    JERRY COHEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ken, I just wanted to tell you that one of the links (or what should be a link) on bibletrash.com isn't working. The one about previous Messiahs? Can you fix it please?

    ReplyDelete